There are really five key things to think about when it comes to sprucing up your curb appeal:
1. Spruce up your landscaping. Go through the front of the property and trim back any bushes or trees that need pruning. Put some nice, fresh, colorful flowers in the flowerbeds, and then add mulch or bark to any areas of exposed dirt to create a nice, crisp line between any concrete or grass and the flowerbed.
2. Pressure-wash the exterior of the home. If you don’t have a pressure washer, there is the option of renting one or else borrowing one from the Brett Jennings Real Estate Experts—we do allow clients and potential clients to use it, so feel free to ask.
3. Paint the exterior if necessary. It’s probably been a number of years since you’ve last painted your home, if you ever have at all. Consider repainting the exterior to give your home a crisp look. If you are repainting, you might also think about changing the color, since some colors might be more en vogue than what you currently have.
4. Update your home’s accents. Such accents include your shutters and exterior light fixtures like wall sconces. These are relatively inexpensive and easy to change out, and they can give your home an updated look.
5. Focus on the front door and garage door. We never get a second chance to make a first impression, and a nice front door and garage door can give your home an added pop.
Hopefully these tips will give you a better idea of how to make your home more attractive to both passersby and to potential buyers. If you have any more questions about maximizing your home’s curb appeal, we’d be happy to come take a look at your home and create a customized plan for you at no cost. Feel free to reach out to us. We hope to hear from you soon!